At the beginning of every year, I set writing goals. These are further divided into Creative and Business Goals. I am always hoping that I can cut back on my activities, to spend more time at leisure, to do more things around the house, or to go places with my husband. But 2017 will be busier than ever. I am still slogging through my backlist mystery titles to revise all of them so I can offer new print editions as well as audiobooks. So here we go with my ambitious list. Let’s pray for good health and strength of purpose so many of these get done.
· Finish Hair Brained, Bad Hair Day Mystery #14. This story is written and has been through the various editing stages. I keep proof-reading and finding things to improve. This time, I am printing out a clean copy. I’ll put this aside for a couple of months. Then I’ll do a last reading before sending it to production.
· Plot the next story, Bad Hair Day Mystery #15, tentatively titled Trimmed to Death.
· Continue the audiobook process with Murder by Manicure and Body Wave.
· Revise backlist mystery titles Died Blonde and Dead Roots.
· Write a short story or another novella in my mystery series.
· Write blogs for upcoming blog tour to promote Facials Can Be Fatal.
· Publish Highlights to Heaven Author’s Edition (Bad Hair Day Mystery #5).
· Hold book launch parties for new releases.
· Enter Facials Can Be Fatal in writing contests and keep up with reviews.
· Engage with readers via newsletter, blogs and social media sites.
· Expand Writing the Cozy Mystery into a second edition.
Lots of goals; not enough time. I didn’t even mention the other mystery I have waiting in the wings that isn’t a Marla story. I’d really like to get my backlist titles done so this project is complete. Then there are my old romance titles that could use facelifts. Where can I get a few clones to do all these jobs?
How are you doing with your goal-setting? Think in terms of writing, not how much more you need to exercise or watch your diet or play with your dog. Those are givens. What’s the one thing you most want to accomplish this year in your writing career or in your book reading?
Booklovers Bench, Jan. 1 – 18
Enter to win a $25 Amazon/BN gift card from Booklovers Bench