Since I recently finished my own blog tour, I learned a few things along the road. Here are some tips I’d like to share:
- Aim for popular blogs that get a lot of hits and slant your blog to their audience.
- Schedule up to three guest spots a week so you don’t clog the loops with your announcements.
- Plan to be available to answer comments all day when your post goes live.
- Publicize the blog tour on your social networks, website, and other sites.
- Include a short excerpt from your book with your post when possible.
- Add a buy link to your book along with links to your website, blog, FB page, and Twitter at the end of your post.
- Interviews as well as blogs draw attention.
- Consider offering a giveaway for commenters.
- Thank your host at the end of the day.
- For next time, write down blog topics as you write your WIP. This way, you’ll have a ready list of topics available when you need them (i.e. notes on research, the writing process, what inspired you to write this story, world building, themes, etc.).
What else would you add?