Are there times when you feel brain dead or too tired to think straight? Never fear, you can still accomplish something by doing a mindless task. Here’s a list of boring jobs to do when you want to be productive without much mental effort.
- Organize your Internet Bookmarks or Favorites
- Verify that the links are still valid on your Favorites list
- Verify that the links are still valid on your website
- Update mailing lists and remove bounces and unsubscribes
- Transfer files from floppies (if you still have them) onto your hard drive
- Back up your files to other media
- Clean out and sort files on computer and in office drawers
- Erase old messages you don’t need to retain in Email folders
- File papers in your To Be Filed stack
- Do research for your next scene
- Convert your old version word processing files into latest version on your computer
- Search for and eliminate duplicate photos and files
- Write blogs like this one
What else would you add?