Curried Deviled Eggs makes a tempting appetizer for your party menu. If you intend to refrigerate this dish until serving, be wary of what you use to cover it. You don’t want plastic wrap, for example, that might take half the topping off when you remove it. I used a microwave cover for my plated dish. Or you can buy a deviled egg carrier with a lid.
6 large shelled hard-boiled eggs
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. minced green onion
¾ tsp. curry powder
Cut the eggs lengthwise in half. Scoop out yolks and put into separate bowl. Mash yolks with spoon. Add mayonnaise, minced green onion, and curry powder. Stir to blend. Fill hollows in egg whites with mixture. Sprinkle paprika on top. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Recipe may be doubled. Serves 6.
Recipes for the starred items can be found on my Website.
· Choose your menu
· Make a grocery list
· Shop for non-perishables
A few days before the event, · Take out your serving platters and utensils
· Label each serving dish with the intended item
· Set the table(s), including centerpieces, the day before
· Put out candles and do last minute cleaning
· Decide upon background music, if any
Labeling the serving dishes saves time so I can spoon out the food quickly into predetermined platters and bowls. You also won’t have to go hunting at the last minute for those extra serving plates.
· Prepare foods the day before the event when possible. Otherwise, get an early start the event day so you’ll have plenty of time to rest up, shower, and get dressed.
· When guests arrive, offer them a drink and point out where they can get food. Introduce guests to each other. Then relax and enjoy yourself!